The minute the weather turns colder, my kids are at the store packing in the ingredients for this mouth watering, “warm to your toes” comfort food.
- 1.5 lb Hamburger/Ground Beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can stewed tomatoes (diced/chopped/etc) - Do not drain
- 1 can corn - do not drain
- 1 can pinto beans - drain and rinse
- 1 small can chopped green chilies - drained
- 1 can Ranch Style beans - do not drain
- 1 can water
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Rance Dip dry mix
Brown meat and onion. Combine all other ingredients in a large pot, add browned meat and onion. Salt & pepper to taste. Bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes to an hour. You can serve sprinkled with shredded cheddar cheese and tortilla chips — YUMMY! We also add other kinds of beans and it seems to become even more yummy. Let your imagination be your guide: try black beans, red beans, kidney beans...